Big Idea: A biblical church exists to mature the faith of God's people.
This is not some vague personal feeling, but the faith once and for all entrusted to the saints:
- Grounded in the Promise fulfilled (2)
- Revealed in Jesus Christ (3)
- Given by God (3)
Bible Fellowship Group Study Questions:
1. What do you think about the idea that a “biblical church exists to
mature the faith of God’s people”? What is the nature and content of
the faith Paul mentions in verse 1? If it is not a personal feeling, what
2. Consider the promises of God (see Genesis 3:15 [promise of an
obedient covenant keeper], 9:11 [promise to maintain created order],
22:17-18 [promise world blessed by an offspring], Exodus 19:5-6
[promise of the people of God], Isaiah 53:4-6 [promise of the suffering
servant] ). How does Jesus fulfill these promises?
3. How should we respond to the promises in the previous question?
Include 2 Corinthians 7:1 in your discussion.
4. Looking at verse 3, how do we know about faith in Jesus Christ?
5. How is it that we are entrusted with the Gospel? See Matthew
28:18-20 and Romans 10:14-17. What will you do with what you have